My friend and former colleague James Humberstone is a teacher at MLC School in Sydney. Among his many achievements in the decade he worked at Sibelius (he provided the UK voice over in Groovy Music City, fact fans!) was setting up the Sibelius Training Partners programme in Australia. There are now dozens of registered STPs in Australia, training hundreds of musicians and educators how to use Sibelius across Australia every year.
So James is an ideal person to put together a series of video tutorials about Sibelius 6, and he has created a series of twelve videos with a total running time of one hour that will make an excellent alternative or companion to the new projects in the Sibelius 6 Handbook.
The twelve videos cover the following topics:
- Lesson 1: Setting up a score
- Lesson 2: Moving around the score
- Lesson 3: Mouse input
- Lesson 4: Selecting and repeating music, adding articulations
- Lesson 5: Recording music using a MIDI keyboard, adding phrasing
- Lesson 6: Step-time note input
- Lesson 7: Alphabetic note input
- Lesson 8: Copy, multicopy and dynamics
- Lesson 9: Dynamic parts
- Lesson 10: Ideas
- Lesson 11: Versions
- Lesson 12: Sharing your Sibelius scores
Thanks for creating these videos, James! They may have been created for your students, but I know hundreds of Sibelius users around the world will appreciate them.