I’m pleased to announce that, with my company NYC Music Services, I’ll be running a one-day Sibelius training course on Friday, August 16, 2013 at The Juilliard School in New York City. There are many exciting Sibelius training sessions and workshops happening around the world this summer, and I thought I’d join in the fun!
Registration is open to anyone. There will be two sessions: a three-hour session for beginners beginning at 10:00 am, and a further three-hour session for intermediate users beginning at 2:30 pm.
The beginning session will cover:
- Opening scores and creating new scores
- Getting around the Sibelius interface, including the new Ribbon
- Note input, both with and without a MIDI keyboard
- Selecting and copying music
- Working with text, dynamics, key signatures and time signatures
- Basic editing
- Playing back your score
The intermediate session will cover:
- A brief review of the topics presented in the Beginners session
- Chord symbols
- Score editing
- Engraving rules
- Customizing the look of your score, formatting and layout
- Using plug-ins and filters
- Working with parts
Each session costs $125 to attend, or you can register in advance for both sessions for a special price of $199. Places are limited, so early registration is recommended. More details are available at the web site.
I’m excited for the training sessions and I hope to see you on August 16!