Apple have announced that Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard will ship on Friday 28 August 2009.
Sibelius 6.0 and Sibelius 6.0.1 are not yet fully compatible with Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard, and users may experience the following issues when running Sibelius 6 on the latest version of Mac OS X:
- Crash on start-up if Sibelius is not registered.
- Crash if you show the Mixer window.
- Hang if you change the sample rate in Audio Engine Options, accessed via Play > Playback Devices.
An update that fixes the above problem is now available.
Sibelius 5, Sibelius First and Sibelius Student have only two known problems:
- First-time entry of your serial number can fail on some Snow Leopard systems.
- The application can crash when displaying the Mixer window.
Sibelius 5 and earlier versions are not officially supported on Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard, though no other serious problems are known. Please keep an eye on the official page on the Sibelius web site for more information as it becomes available.
An update for Sibelius 6 is now available that provides Snow Leopard compatibility. More details here.
Updates for Sibelius 5, Sibelius First and Sibelius Student are now available that fix a problem whereby the application can crash when displaying the Mixer window. More details here.